View Single Post
Old 08-16-17, 07:25 AM   #547
MLF
Weps

Downloads: 137
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by gap View Post
I have tried that myself, but it didn't work: the one wind direction that those particles are subject to, is the one set in particle generator's settings
unfortunately.

Quote:
Sometimes it works, some other times it doesn't
I increased DepthBias to 20 and the effect was terrible. So put back to 6 and reasonably OK. It's very difficult to test and come to a certain conclusion on a base that changes each time the mission is loaded

Quote:
Our model's overall heigh is exactly 26m, measured from the bottom of the (semi-)submerged base to the top of the concrete tower, and its height a.s.l is about 19m. This is not considering the metal platform, which has been removed in recent years (the lantern having been subsequently moved to a much lower position than originally meant):

Model's proportions are base on several picture available on the web. Had I scaled the model based on the focal plane stated by Wikipedia, or had I considered the 19m figure as relative to the original lantern position, railings and ladders would have been too short/narrow. At the current scale, those elements look more or less in proportion with the current standars.
I agree everything looks right with your scaling, and I was very surprised to learn from Wiki and other sites (http://www.jplours.fr/pointeduraz.htm) that it was only 9m high.Obviously missed off a 1 in their numbers
The photographs show that, compared with La Veille at 33m, your 19m would be much more accurate.
Very confusing though, hence my PM.

regards,

MLF