View Single Post
Old 11-27-07, 05:54 PM   #20
suBB
Chief

Downloads: 5
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkShot
So, are the only serious mission/hardcore players all playing DW MP?

DW is regarded to have better general characteristics than SCXIIc?

SP is regarded as no way to create really and interesting/challenging scenarios?

That's what I am getting from reading between the lines. I must say that I have gone through 30-50 SC 1.08 scenarios and I have generally been dissappointed with play and challenge. Thus, my inclination that despite having a written a scenario or two that I could do, at least, as well if not better.
Again I can only account for goings on in MP, in particular mission objective MP in DW. And when a mission is on the line, especially with some key features coded into a map(like the requirement of staying alive & reaching safe distance unharmed) you better believe you’ll take it serious in terms of out-smarting human opponents. Other than myself, keep your eye open for: Molon Labe, Sonoboy, MahuJa(kage), To Be (btw good dive guys did you prep the 53cm correctly?), admbleeannoying, foogleman, -moose- and about 15 others from gamespy by means of achtachtel who all play DW mission MP. Really, you don’t need a lot of people, you just need the appropriate scenario for the headcount. Typically we will dive scenarios based on headcount.

When you mention SCX still SC remains as source of editor. DW / LWAMI offers far more flexibility in editing (use of scripts & triggers for sake of AI than SC. So the answer is yes. AFAIK SCXIIC only gives you more platforms and that is it. I’ve even reinstalled SC for sake of SCX platforms and our concept of in-game dynamics, but when I learned that SC didn’t offer use of scripts, there really isn’t a point dealing with SC. Someone confirm for me that scripts do not exist with SC / SCXIIC running. If so I’ll change my tune about SC / SCXIIC.

SP isn’t my department and I’m sure some good scenarios can be created, like RSR for example. But when it comes to being challenged, AI even after coded to be as effective as humans still can’t cut it w/o some human intervention involved. It’s common sense. Plus some SP scenarios literally spawn platforms out of thin air, which isn’t realistic in my book. Instead I account for departure of platforms and random arrival times for both humans and AI alike.
suBB is offline   Reply With Quote