View Single Post
Old 09-25-17, 10:28 PM   #26
GoldenRivet
Subsim Aviator

Downloads: 146
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDK1044 View Post
The opposite actually. The Steam community keeps wanting it released asap, but the Devs have months of work to do yet, and their publisher is backing them. When the game is released next year, it will be in good shape.

next year??

they seek perfection while the fan base loses interest. you can only dangle food in front of a dog so many times before it loses interest and knows you're teasing.

in all seriousness, id rather they took their time and released a good product. BUT... no matter what they release it will not make the whole community happy. lets face it... Silent Hunter III which was released in 2005 has been continuously modded and developed into its perpetual penultimate version over and over and over again. if they seek a perfect release it will never be released at all.

they have repeatedly pushed this release back. i was anxiously waiting release in April but here it is almost October and we are still waiting.

hell i would gladly write a lengthy review of the product to be published exclusively here at subsim in this dedicated sub forum just to be able to evaluate the current version of the build. of course i would have to feel the game out for about a week in order to do so. unfortunately, if anyone were to review it right now, it may be a substantially different game come release date.