View Single Post
Old 04-27-15, 12:09 AM   #11
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunnarr View Post
So, if I put the 1940 hits folder contents into the 19400101/data/sound/gramophone folder, will it just play from then on after hitting that date? Or is it for a limited time? I am confused by this, because in some of these folders are news radio, and it would be weird that they repeat the invasion of poland news report in 1942 or something. but is that how it works?
I'm not sure myself. I think the older ones stop when the newer ones start, but I never got far enough into a campaign to find out.

Quote:
by the way, does having a gramophone on increase chance of detection? I scared to listen to it, I usually only do it when far out at sea or heading out of german waters or returning. I remember from some movie a long time ago that I watched of someone hearing singing and such with a hydrophone or something... I don't want to die from using my gramophone!
No. They can't hear your music play. They also can't here when you use the echelot to ping for depth. They should, but they don't. I act as if they do. As soon as my lookouts sight a ship the first thing I do is turn the music off. For me it's distracting at that point anyway.

[edit] I was just looking at the folders, and I'm pretty sure now the music sticks around forever. The newer files just add to and dilute the older ones. I say this because I realized that the news reports all have the same exact title: Radio.wav. When a new one of those plays it boots the old one out, because they can't both be there. That's not true of the songs, which all have different names.

Last edited by Sailor Steve; 04-27-15 at 12:18 AM.
Sailor Steve is offline   Reply With Quote