View Single Post
Old 04-07-14, 08:26 AM   #19
ParaHandy
Watch

Downloads: 16
Uploads: 0

I appreciate every reply, thanks for taking the time to help me out.

What I'm doing at the moment is tracking the target's speed using the 3.15 sec. method. I'm drawing a course of the target's heading and then just lining up at exactly 90deg to it's course. I'm then using the zoomed in map to work out my rage to the path of the target. The speed and range are then input into the TDC and the AOB set at 90 deg. Once in position I'll use my rudder to fine tune the angle and continually check speed and heading and make fine adjustments on the TDC. It's been fine so far, but I'd imagine it's a very rudimentary approach which will be limited - I'm halfway thru my second patrol and the only torpedo I've missed with was one which failed half way to the target.

The seas have been rough so would that render the Stadimeter useless anyway? I'm not even sure I'd trust myself as I'm hopeless using the recognition manual anyway. As far as the speed is concerned I've not really figured out how to use the Data Notepad for calculating speed yet. Any advice on this?

ETA - I'm setting my shots up at a range of around 700 - 900 metres. I'm not sure why other than it's worked so far for me. Is there an optimal range for using my methods?
ParaHandy is offline   Reply With Quote