View Single Post
Old 08-09-14, 08:17 AM   #6
Schroeder
Navy Seal

Downloads: 62
Uploads: 0

@Minoslas
Don't get me wrong, I'm not hating on you or the game I just think it could achieve so much more with more coordinated effort.
When I go through your list for example I'm not really excited, I'll show you why:
Release date List:
-Mig-21Bis 1.2.9X (Aug 2014) Leatherneck has no proper use in any modern scenario
-Hawk T.M1 1.2.9X (Aug/Sep 2014) VEAO A Trainer with no proper use in any scenario
-AH-1G (Late 2014) Belsimtek So far the Huey gunner AI (which should be much simpler than an attack helicopter AI) is awful how is that supposed to work with an attack helicopter?
-Su-27 AFM (Fall 2014) ED
-Messerschmitt Bf-109K-4 (Oct 2014) ED
-Supermarine Spitfire Mk IX (Dec 2014) ED
-Curtiss P-40F KittyHawk (Dec 2014) VEAO
-L-39 Albatros ZA/ZO (Late 2014) Albatros Team A Trainer with no proper use in any scenario
-L-39 Albatros C (Late 2014) Albatros Team A Trainer with no proper use in any scenario
-EDGE 2.0.0 (Late 2014) ED
-NTTR Nevada 2.0.0? (Late 2014) ED A map with no proper use in any scenario except training

-Grumman F8F Bearcat – (Feb 2015) VEAO A navy fighter that saw hardly any combat so it's of not much use for realistic scenarios
-Republic P-47D-30 Thunderbolt (Mar 2015) ED
-Supermarine Spitfire Mk XIV (Abr 2015) VEAO
-Normandy Theater with Period AI Units (May 2015) ED
-HA-1112 Buchon (May 2015) VEAO A fighter that saw hardly any real combat so it's of not much use for realistic scenarios
-Short Tucano (July 2015) VEAO A Trainer with no proper use in any scenario
-Grob G115E Tutor (July 2015) VEAO A Trainer with no proper use in any scenario
-Eurofighter (Q2 2015) VEAO
-Hawker Typhoon – Q3 2015 VEAO

You see, almost 50% of these aircraft have no realistic purpose in this game. How many trainers do we actually need? What is the purpose of a trainer in a sim? A trainer is usually used to have an instructor teach a student how to fly. That can't be done properly in a sim so what are they good for and why so many? Besides I can crash as many combat aircraft as I like in a sim so I don't really need a "trainer" to graduate from.
What are we supposed to do in Nevada? Land on the strip of Las Vegas and gamble?
It's good to see that WWII is getting some attention, especially that ground objects and a map are involved as well. That is a huge step in the right direction because planes are one thing but missing ground objects can still kill a scenario so kudos for that, but WWII has been done a hundred times over by other flight sims and I was hoping to finally get something for those campaigns which aren't covered by good sims yet: Vietnam and Korea....But hey, what I want is irrelevant and if the majority wants WWII then WWII is the way to go to generate income for further development.

Again, I think DCS aircraft are the best we have right now but a lot of attention just dies because it's so damn difficult to really build interesting scenarios with what we have which also shows in the less than stellar selection of multi-player servers. Most of them run weapons training missions. We'll properly get some good WWII action in the future though so I'm looking forward for that.
Again, you guys are doing a great job, it's just that it hurts me to see so much good go to waste because of the lack of focus.