View Single Post
Old 10-10-11, 04:03 PM   #783
GZ3.141593_Man
Swabbie

Downloads: 14
Uploads: 0
Default Trouble with SH3 Commander

I been having trouble with SH3 Commander, but I don't have regular problems.

I have a Intel Mac that I run SH3 and SH4 on, but I run Windows Vista on a external drive using Parallels (http://www.parallels.com/). I run SH3 and SH4 on the virtual Windows Vista too. I can't run SH5 on my system, because of the Intel Mac doesn't meet the system requirements.

I have tried running SH3 Commander using Wine (http://www.winehq.org/) in the SH3 wrapper, in a separate wrapper, using both Wine XP and Wine Vista.

This is the error message with the blue is from the Windows Vista on a external drive using Parallels.

This is the error message with the grey is from the Intel Mac using a Wine wrapper.

I recently had a problem with QuarkXpress on my Mac, where it failed to run at opening it. I found out, after some investigation that it was the QuarkXpress Preferences files that were corrupt. The advice I got was to delete the QuarkXpress Preferences folder, and Quark would start up normally. It worked; so what does this have to do with SH? Well...

I ran SH3 on the Mac for quite a while using the Milk Cow Mod, and trashed the whole game instead of saving it. and the game would have worked. At the time I did not have any crew showing up in the career mode. Originally that version of SH3 saved the career files to my Mac to /Users/Gman/Documents/SH3.

Now, I use MultiSH3, and I found out it is more of a hassle than it's worth. It only works when you do a new install of SH. I can get over it by copying the career files of each activated mod I'm using with USGME to a separate folder. The main problem is SH3 Commander looks for the career files on my Mac to /Users/Greg/Documents/LS1/data/Cfg/main.cfg ; while my Mac saves it to /Users/Gman/Library/Preferences/Silent Hunter III Preferences/p_drive/My Documents/LS1.

How can I get either SH3 Commander to look in Users/Gman/Library/Preferences/Silent Hunter III Preferences/p_drive/My Documents/LS1 , or Silent Hunter to save to./Users/Greg/Documents/LS1/data/Cfg/main.cfg I have tried rewriting the plist file in Mac /Users/Gman/Library/Preferences. I have tried rewriting the equivalent files in file in both SH3 and SH3 Commander. I am at wits end!!!
GZ3.141593_Man is offline   Reply With Quote