View Single Post
Old 04-15-10, 01:56 PM   #4
GlobalExplorer
Admiral

Downloads: 165
Uploads: 0

There is no need to put this in the game, it's stand alone. It's not a mod, but maps (files) that you can open with a free GIS viewer (not Silent Hunter).

Here is a bit of information about the GIS viewer: http://www.directionsmag.com/product...feature_id=112

There are only very few steps involved:

1. Download the maps Tracking Room Maps [15.8 mb]
2. Download the viewer application GIS Viewer [4.6 mb]
3. Install the viewer
4. Open the maps with the viewer [ always the file: Sh3Gen Tracking Room.TTKGP ]

I hope this makes it clearer?

These maps contain a lot of information, probably more than you are used to. For example they give you positions of minefields, approximate patrol zones of ASW ships, approximate traffic concentrations, etc. In my opinion no captain would have gone to sea without approximate information about such threats, that's why I felt a need for this.

On the other hand, if you are afraid that the using this information is too much of a cheat, I suggest you look only at the maps from the previous year (i.e. if you go on patrol in 1941 you use the map for 1940), so the information is reasonably outdated.

Try it out. If you still want more information you should review my patrol data generator for SHIII (Sh3Gen Tracking Room), which also had a GIS map output.

GlobalExplorer is offline   Reply With Quote