View Single Post
Old 10-31-11, 08:36 PM   #1274
postalbyke
Chief

Downloads: 89
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by skwasjer View Post
I have no idea man, does your GPU support pixel shader 2? (although I can't imagine it doesn't since this is quite old technology by now)

If yes, then if it's not a brightness thing (try moving the brightness/contrast sliders in S3D), then it seems like a path issue. Keep in mind that if you open DAT-files outside of the regular game structure S3D will not be able to resolve textures. F.ex. opening a DAT-file copy from the desktop will give you this problem.

The exception is with JSGME, S3D should detect if you edit files under MODS-folder, and adjust paths accordingly (local search in mod first, then in game dir). Perhaps something goes wrong here?
Awesome list of suggestions, will try now!

edit: "I" support pixel shader 3, changed brightness to no avail, and tried opening an "in-game" file... no dice... I can, however, get skins on ship models and exterior parts... just not interiors... beginning to wonder if my computer is really too old to do this :P Christmas is coming, tho!

edit edit: By the way, this is the most amazing bit of "free" (It wasn't free for you, the amount of time you've spent on it is amazing) programming I've ever used! It runs awesomely on my laptop, and all the features make modding and tweaking a breeze! You are truly a "god" among men! Many thanks, my friend!

Last edited by postalbyke; 10-31-11 at 08:59 PM.
postalbyke is offline   Reply With Quote