View Single Post
Old 07-07-07, 01:28 PM   #40
WernerSobe
Commodore

Downloads: 5
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealth Hunter
Oh! I forgot to mention that the mod is great. I just found an annoying problem with the sinkings, however.

I took this screenshot after downloading and installing your mod. The ship stayed like that, with the water over the deck, for 3 days before I got tired of it and decided to finish it. That gets very annoying, as the ship would, in reality, go down in a short time. The water covering so much of the deck and part of the cabin area would cause a rapid sinking.
The mod does take in account water coming over the deck and it can also flood other compartments that are not damaged from the torpedo. But in your case you have hit the ship under first mast (that part contains a huge compartment with a floatability of 65) The water that comes over the deck only covers the bow. The compartment below it is already flooded so it cannot cause more flooding. If the stern part would also drop below the water line the water would come into other big compartment too and reduce the maximum float by another 65 and propably sink it.