View Single Post
Old 05-21-17, 06:17 PM   #27
bracer
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 15
Uploads: 0

Thanks for the feedback Hitman!
Feel free to aim high, those are the ideas I might have overlooked.

Good points!
Gunnery is surely top priority. You need skill to handle the different rangefinding tools at your disposal; optics, radar and even hydrophones. So I'm carefully researching and programming those parts. You will be able to use simply the optics and get help from the crew, but learning and manning the stations yourself will allow you to be most dangerous.

The technical part will be important as well. You can simply order a speed with the telegraph. But if you handle the boilers and turbines yourself and learn how they work, you might be able to get an extra boost out of the machines, save some fuel or break the ship.

Statistically, you will gather some damage after an enemy encounter. So damagehandling and compromises will be important. If your dieselgenerator breaks, will you use your turbocharger to power the turrets and radars? Or will you sacrifice them for speed and return to base fast?

Regarding the tactical simulation, all I can say is that the Scharnhorst had three airplanes onboard, which would be a shame not to use.
And she usually travelled with destroyers and sometimes her sister ship the Gneisenau.

I believe she also did a patrol with Tirpitz! But she will not be in game for a while...
bracer is offline   Reply With Quote