View Single Post
Old 04-11-12, 11:52 AM   #1580
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 61
Uploads: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducimus View Post
I have never seen Elves that have ears like that in any fiction that I'm aware of. LOTR's.. THAT elves. This? No this is some asian interrpretation that is supposed to be one thing, but really looks like bat ears.

As for generalising, you have no idea how much garbage I've seen on the internet. I've said a few times i work in internet security. I've been in this field for 12 years now. You name it, ive seen it, multiple times.

It's either the asian crowd, or perverted US kids who's voice has recently taken a deeper tone. I'd believe its the asian crowd though. Particuarlly if it's Japan. As perversion goes, they take the cake. The Japanese have been into school girls for years. They invented vending machines that dispense used women panties, they invented and coined the term bukakki, and as noted, Hentai, which in it's classic form features young school girls being raped by demons with more pensis then you and i have fingers and toes. So i have no problem in saying, "Yeah, it's probably the Japanese.".
Oh, I'm not condoning it, although to be honest Japan hardly has the capital market on perversions, it's just more noticable than in other countries where it's usually suppressed, but yes there are many times I look at the Japanese market, shake my head and sigh. It's pretty damn hard to comphrend them, but they also have their fair share of pretty damn awesome stuff.

But I also sigh when I see people just generalise an entire nation and concept based upon one part of it, it's like saying that all Germans are Nazis, all Americans are fat, all Romanians are thieves, and so on and so forth. I just hate generalisation, although I've fallen into it myself a couple of times because it's an easy thing to do.

I do agree though that the amount of it in the Skyrim mods is excessive, but that's what happens when the player demographic has a bracket in the teens and early twenties on one end, and it also involves science-fiction and/or fantasy, you get the magical slave girl outfits come out...which, I remind you, are not all anime...in fact some of the covers of some western sci-fi books have outfits that leave very little to the imagination Heck, how many sci-fi or fantasy games have women with very little clothing on the front? Look at the publicity around Fem-Shephred in ME3, and Mirandas clothing isn't exactly loose fitting, nor does Morrigan from DAO wear sensible fashion. Sex sells, as they say, and that is the depressing truth that marketers have cottoned onto for the past sixty or more years.

I understand though that you've seen quite a few sights that I wouldn't wish on anyone in your role as an Internet Security, I think we've all taken a wrong turn on the interwebs before and been somewhere that requires mind bleach. Hunter seems to have a speciality in doing that with strange films But whilst it is true that a good majority of extremely strange stuff comes from Japan, it does not mean that one should write off an entire nation and/or an industry/genre because of it.

Anyway, this is getting off topic somewhat, so it's probably best just to agree to disagree but bear in mind that I'm not condoning the...very strange ideas of certain people on the internet...
Oberon is offline   Reply With Quote