Uploads: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by java`s revenge View Post
Heh Rafael, great work !!

I heared or read a long time nothing from you. You
were too busy to make this mod.

I do use the olc gold and gui. I think i don`t can use your mod
Hi Java,

No it was not because working on the mod, I had plastic surgery and wanted the same face as you!

Just kidding, no you cannot combine the OLC with this DSK GUI, if you want to see (and test) it, use a fresh install with multish3 and another GWX 3.0 version.

I don't know if you would like this GUI, anyway I find the big dials (6 because you can switch them) and TDC quite interesting.

The original vanilla console (those 6 dials at the right bottom) will be deactivated by this mod, because they are replaced by this one. The toggle function stays the same (switching), the text also adjust the positions and some smaller things are changed.

You will also have a new scroll field for the messages, which is drag & drop. Also a new font used for the text messages in the text field and an enlarged one, which goes completely to the right screen to have longer texts visible there. Because now there is enough space at the right bottom, so an enlarged text field to use that 'new' free space there.

And those who wants much more precise course settings, can do this now with the new rudder. Placed behind those TGA a second compass, which you can see now through a small window in the rudder. There you will be able to see which course you are running or going to run, when working with the rudder. Because in the original game, I was never able to see which course I was sailing, when I set rudder to 20 degrees Bkb or Stb .... so for what do I have a rudder? Now you can work properly with the rudder.

Text field is a drag & drop system, now you can scroll the complete text field with the drag & drop principe. You just move somewhere on the text field and press left button, hold it, and move up or down. So you scroll it very easy and don't have anymore to do this on those small, ugly sliders which are really too small and nasty to scroll with in my opinion.

Big dials, because at my age (52) I need reading glasses. Furthermore you can really set course and speed with drag-able pointers, much more precise course and speed settings.

Anyway you can always give it a try ... and maybe you get used of the simfeeling in this mod.

Take care mate!
Rafael is offline   Reply With Quote