View Single Post
Old 01-13-18, 09:07 PM   #1
Delgard
Skipper

Downloads: 48
Uploads: 0
Default Ship Helicopters

I have noticed that when I torpedo a warship, it seems that its deck is full of helo(s)s. Are these just a part of the graphics for a warship? The reason I ask is that I believe that if an enemy submarine (me) is detected or suspected to just be in the area, that those helos would be in the air and not on the deck.

I looked in the mission files and found the lines for helos and it is generally ONE. Is it that red-force ships operate so far apart that helos have to stay in the immediate area of their mother-ship?

Also, playing the increasingly difficult skill levels, does that mean that ship helos will be quicker to leave their mother-ship zone to prosecute "me" in a more aggressive way?

Does the doctrine of the red-forces believe that "me"-forces always operate in packs and that they need to stay close to their mother-ship? That just doesn't sound right.

I know I can increase the number of helos in the mission file, I just don't understand why it is not done already.

I am suspecting that the ship graphics are not reflective of actual helo activity.

I am going to move up to the next level of play. Hopefully, more ships will deploy their helos.
Delgard is offline   Reply With Quote