Thread: Mod PT-109
View Single Post
Old 06-18-19, 11:07 AM   #4
joan
Swabbie

Downloads: 937
Uploads: 0

Thanks for answering.
I have taken a look at a couple of threads in the forums and although I have found interesting things I have not been able to put them into practice. From a certain Yubba I found how to make the playable campaign for Pt 109, but as much as I edit and reissue the files mentioned in its page, I can not launch a campaign for a Pt boat. I have no computer skills and less 3D animation, that's a setback. In one way or another the threads have been closed for a long time (year 2015, 2017, etc). For my part, using the trial and error method (modifying the .upc file), I have obtained two models of Pt 109, one without 40 mm guns and another replacing the single front gun with a double one and annulling the aft gun. In both cases the firepower is more balanced when engaging in combat with enemy ships. I have also "modeled" two camouflage skins that are not real if they give a different look to the boats.
If someone wishes, I can send it to you by email. Before finishing I am still interested in being able to carry out the campaign for Pt 109, someone may have already made the files (UnitParts, CareerStart, Flotillas ... upc) and can provide them to me. And the second is a question: what file must be modified so that the enemy vessels begin to shoot at a greater distance? Silent Hunter IV game for many years now (in my opinion the best simulation game) and I know that it is configured as a game of submarines but over time I have not been able to stop being attracted to the surface units with all the limitations what it entails That's why I'm looking for a way to balance them.
Thanks to anyone who takes the trouble to read this and respond.

PS: I do not know English and all the time I get my hand from the google translator.
joan is offline   Reply With Quote