Thread: The Hunter
View Single Post
Old 05-23-18, 02:30 PM   #347
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

No hunter myself. In Germany, the theoretical exam fopr getting a license is - quite extensive, and, wenn super-theoretical, my father did it (sports pistol), and that gave me enough insight. You also have to frequerntly attend competitions and have to lof regular club trainign hours, 18 times per year, its all mdesigned to makew people not going after a license.

The air rifle and rabbit hunting in TheHunter, is a very different game in TheHunter, for the reticle really needs to be compensated for the bulett drop nside the range when the air rifle is usefull to take out the animal. Thats a very big difference to the standard rifles. Some of the latter have some bullet drop over certain ranges, too.

I do not play it that often anymore, but still love it. Its a good compromise between game and sim, and as you said, it looks great, still, with this old engine.

There also is TheHunter:Call of the Wild, with a newer engine, but gameplay a bit more arcadish, also the microtransaction buzsiness model is missing - you pay once, and have it all, forever. Its available for PC, too, but the main direcition it was pointed at was consoles. I know the PS4 version, it was not bad, really not. Classic howveer, although blooking older, is the more realstic and complex simulation.

If you go for it, be hesitent to buy stuff. You can get along with surprisingly little equipment, only some is essentiual. Much is for immersion. And they make it easy to spend much more than you need to spend to get access to all gameplay.