CCIP
Navy Seal

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neal Stevens

How did you learn about Subsim?
When did you first visit?
What do you recall about Subsim upon your first vist? (Some article, some game, maybe some forum topic, etc.)
What type of forum was Subsim using at the time? (Matt's BBS, EZBoard, phpBB 1.44, etc)
What was your name or Subsim nickname then? Same as now or something else?
Anything else you would like to mention (nostalgic times, people, events in the Subsim community):
I learned about Subsim from links to reviews (e.g. from SimHQ which I read regularly).
I first visited it ages ago, but only to read that or other review. Then I came here to see the SHIII review, and looked at the forums here. Then I was seeing links to the SHIII forum in the Ubi SHIII forums.
I actually lurked for a while here, studying the crowd and reading SHIII-related items with interest. I finally surfaced in the mod forum, and haven't shut up since
So, actually, I haven't been on here for all that long - just over a year - but I've come to see Subsim as an excellent community. For me, of course, it's still mainly a sort of centre-of-gravity for the SHIII commnity, but I've come to realize that it's much more than that.
Nostalgic times? It was when the "SH3 Mod Team" forum was active and the Operations/Real U-boat team was together and would gather there - Egan, Beery, Nico, Jace, Observer, jason; and then, towards the end of its activity, how we'd successfully uncovered the X1 scam. Community action at its finest.

There are only forty people in the world and five of them are hamburgers.
-Don Van Vliet
(aka Captain Beefheart)
CCIP is offline   Reply With Quote