View Single Post
Old 06-18-17, 08:26 PM   #43
pakfront
Swabbie

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Killerfish, I'm so impressed by what such a small team has accomplished. Here are a few simple(?) things I think would help gameplay.

Spacebar placement of weapon waypoint should show estimated time-to-target as well distance and bearing.

When in spacebar waypoint placement mode, hitting spacebar again should toggle off mode, in addition to Escape key.

Mini-map needs scale indicator, even if it simpler than main map.

UI should show TTE and maybe TTR of all of your running weapons. [edit] i figured out this can be done with wire torpedoes but not with unguided. For unguided it's actually even more useful so that would be nice to see all of them at the same time.

Bottom left Ownship UI should show current engine telegraph setting . (I shouldn't have to look at log to see this)

Bottom left Ownship UI should show your current noise level in a simple way.

Single missions should show date of mission so we get a sense of the subs available.

F2 and F3 views need title text for contact name/number or weapon name/number so I know what I'm looking at.

Using mouse wheel in a scrollview should not zoom camera

Expose water murk/fog amount in Options menu rather than require modding file.

Need log message and sound/voice when enemy torpedo launch detected.

Need log message and sound/voice when sonobouy or helicopter detected.

Top right status icons should be persistent buttons and be on/off and allow user to click on them. (optional?)

really really need a "periscope depth" key and button, but I think you know this already.

[Edit 1 more]
Compass should have ticks on it for your current course and direction to selected target.

Nice to have:
Auto priority for repairs - or at least a "fix flooding first" option so priority icon moves to next flooded area automatically.
Engine room should have option to "go as fast as possible without cavitation" so I don't have to readjust telegraph after a burst of cavitation at a new depth.
Flooding should show rate of flooding/draining as well as current amount.
Quick battle menu for random generation of a mission.
Tab to map-view should show camera view in bottom left where mini-map was, in essence swapping views rather than replacing.
Ability to draw on or place icons on map for my own reference.
hotkey or button to "lower all masts"
Ability to set depth and heading rather than manual steering.

Last edited by pakfront; 06-18-17 at 11:06 PM.
pakfront is offline   Reply With Quote