View Single Post
Old 05-13-14, 09:49 PM   #1147
Alfamemnon
Watch

Downloads: 15
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cybermat47 View Post
I ran into some serious difficulty with mine, but I'll try to get it back on track
Hopefully, you will succeed.

If at all possible, try to make it start not from December 1941 but from Second Sino-Japanese War. Operating against the relatively petty Chinese navy from Formosa or Kyūshū would nicely serve as a practical tutorial into how Japanese submarines and their equipment works....as well as give you so much experience you would not have to later face the formidable western Allies as a total wet eared rookie.

I would also love it if the Japanese campaign ended like this: the captain, who is extremely proud due to his Japanese samurai mentality, would refuse to face the humiliation of surrendering to Americans but he would decide against seppuku either upon learning of Hiroshima's and Nagasaki's destruction and Japans surrender. Therefore, he would give himself his very final mission: To sail to Peron's Argentina (this all should occur whenever at the very end of the war, the script calculates you still have enough fuel to make it to Argentina by going ten knots all the time while navigating the shortest possible route). Once there, he would sail his ship to Perons Argentina where he would, to his surprise, meet other IJN and Kriegsmarine personnel who refused to surrender and make it clear they intend to go to an extremely secret Axis base. However the game would end there, not letting the Japanese captain and his crew sail to their new home in Antarctica.

(Even in real life, I remember seeing weird documents that indicated Argentinian Navy spotted submarines that looked like Elektroboots near Argentinian coasts as late as 1960's. However, nobody was seen in the conning tower of the XXI while it was surfaced. One of them leaked oil into ocean and examination confirmed it was of the same composition Nazi-Germany used. However, I dont believe anyone will have any chance of running into Axis vessels in the oceans anymore. The very youngest, who ever enlisted into Kriegsmarine or IJN, would be in their late eighties by today).
Alfamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote