Medic

Location: The South Pacific, No, Really.... The South Pacific
Downloads: 73
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doolittle81
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Vlad
Having some trouble running this. DLed the mod (the stock 1.4 version), installed with JGSME. Only other mods I'm running are Dragon's Vargas Girls and a couple of radio mods. However, every time I start a patrol, it's only a limited amount of time before I get a lock up/crash.

Any advice?
I've experienced something similar ...I do NOT have the radio mods. I never had a CTD with RSRDC (Part 1), nor with my initial forays with RSRDC part 2. (initial December 41 patrol only).
I have recently installed the new ADD-ON for ROW and NSM1.4.
On my New career out of Cavite to IndoChina patrol area, I've had three CTD's while cruising along in TC within the first 36 hours or so of entering patrol area. Nothing going on at the time, no enemy ships, nothing. (One career, first patrol, Saved at a point while patroilling the INDO area....went into TC, then CTD...restarted at an earlier SAVE point...used slightly different Nav/waypoint route...TC'ed...CTD within 20-30 seconds...

Any suggestions from anyone? If/when this happens again, on this or a different career, I'll re-post here.
I had exactly the same problem in exactly the same spot! I would CTD about 200nm out of Cavite in my Sargo apparently with nothing happening, so what I did was cruise out at a very low TC (256 or 512) what happened at that point of the previous CTD was an aircraft contact, so I slowed to TC 1 and sorted the contact (dove away), surfaced, saved and then kept going, no CTD. It appears to be a system issue with Time Compression and contact messages, why out of the Phillipines and seemingly nowhere else I don't know, but it seems to be solved by initially running out at a relatively low TC rate, leaving the 4096 to 6000+ TC for the wide open Pacific :hmm:

One other thing I did do was use Digital Truckers Radio Manager Mod (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=120510) to sort out the conflict errors in my radio stations I have installed, as there are known CTD issues with some radio mods that have major problems with events in the events.ini files where the corresponding mp3 files or .ogg files don't exist, so if you run radio station mods, get DT's great Radio Manager, follow his instructions on how to correct the conflicts and hey presto, I have not had one CTD since, and I run TM 1.7.6, ROW, RSRDC, NSM v4.0 and a stack of ship and radio mods together.

"I can imagine no more rewarding a career. And any man who may be asked in this century what he did to make his life worthwhile, I think can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction: 'I served in the United States Navy.'"
President John F. Kennedy,

Last edited by Archie; 01-31-08 at 09:26 PM.
Archie is offline   Reply With Quote