View Single Post
Old 01-31-08, 03:59 PM   #650
Shadow9216
Frogman

Downloads: 91
Uploads: 0

Quote:
I have a different 'problem' (or it may be just RSRD feature). The mission orders are not generated randomly. For example, when I start my campaign in Manila (Dec 6, 1941) I'm always on my first patrol ordered to go first to San Bernardino Strait, next to the Samar area and then to the Luzon Straits... When I start a new career, orders are the same.
I too have had this problem- in a Balao out of Pearl in '44, it's Luzon straits, recon Guam, recon Yap...BUT, aside from one or two contacts which always appear at the same area at the same time, I've NEVER encountered the same conditions twice...in fact, one career I encountered a TF with a Takao and a Yamato, but I only had one fish left- I gave it to the Takao as a going away present. I started a new career to try to get the pair, but they never showed. A further attempt gave me a large convoy, which was a blast, and a subsequent try netted a convoy with a Taiho in the middle.

I can't quibble with the missions I've encountered so far, as they are contemporaneous with the overall strategy in the central Pacific; it's not unlikely that a sub out of Pearl in spring of '44 would be sent to recon islands which were soon to be invaded. The ever-changing traffic makes it well worth the (seemingly) repetitious missions- my heartfelt appreciation for your efforts in making this mod!
Shadow9216 is offline   Reply With Quote