View Single Post
Old 01-31-08, 02:40 PM   #649
robin100
Watch

Downloads: 107
Uploads: 0

Hello,
I use SH4 1.4 + TM 1.7.6+ RSRD v221. I've played SH4 for a month or so nad I'm still in 1942, sailing usually in an old good type "S" sub
Yes, sometimes the ocean seems to be completely empty, not a single contact during the long patrol days. But it's historically correct for me, there were lots of submarine patrols during WWII with no enemy contact at all.
The rare contats = more excitement when I hear anything in my hydrophone

I have a different 'problem' (or it may be just RSRD feature). The mission orders are not generated randomly. For example, when I start my campaign in Manila (Dec 6, 1941) I'm always on my first patrol ordered to go first to San Bernardino Strait, next to the Samar area and then to the Luzon Straits... When I start a new career, orders are the same.
Not a big problem, but a little bit irritating, it reminds me scripted SH2 missions..

When I start my campaign in Brisbane (type "S") in early 1942, I'm always ordered to patrol Luzon Straits, which doesn't make much sense to me.
Firsty, it's a pretty far distance for my old sub.
Secondly - which is more important - it's not historically correct, as all the type "S" submarines from Brisbane had their patrol grids in the Solomons, much closer to Australia and where more important combat action was expected than on the way to Luzon...

I wonder whether it's a problem related to my SH4 installation/configuration (I was previously running other mods) or the patrol zones are "hard-coded" in RSRD and they are always the same for a specific submarine type and the patrol beginning date?

S!
Robin