View Single Post
Old 12-15-18, 07:50 PM   #11
Nicrolyte
Swabbie

Downloads: 74
Uploads: 0
Default 2 Questions about this tread (which took forever to find.)

First this is the correct thread Which isnt closed and brings forward the issue which I feel there are several players out there who whould otherwise purchase the game and play if it where simple enough to Get to a playable version of the game. The only reason I stayed the course is the TWoS Mod which Finally worked. I saw all the stuff about how if one had Win 10, Steam, something else i might be forgetting. That i shouldn't bother unless im an advanced user. Well I usually find myself there, However the time needed to pour through Sub sim is considerable. And its really for one reason. The Sun-sim games have been supported away from steam for decades it appears. so predating STEAM's inception. Therefor the players who find SH5 and what to mod it are only recently becoming a significant portion of the "New Players" (However if $$$ support is what the Forum moderators seek then Id bet Steam players are gonna be Sub-sims largest pool of new players going forward at least with Sh5 as the genre gets very little attention anywhere, However Steam at-least offers minimal support.) Ok enough justification for Taking the time for Steam Players, Just Help us Find the links. I see a STEAM Forum Link which dosnt have SH5 in the game list there. and Moreover there are Greet solutions which are new yet most users from steam Find the overwhelmingly likly result of finding It IS IMPOSSIBLE TO GET STEAM ver of SH5 supported for generic patcher, which i see isnt true and there are even non advanced user options... So My Major question is this

Dose the TWoS automatic Steam Conversion Tool "SH5updateSteam.exe" included in the Full convert version 2.2.9 work indecently of the TWoS mod. ie, can that EXE be run after a clean install of SH5, to allow a otherwise typical install of another mod. in OTHER WORDS dose that work as a Steam Ver of SH5.exe fix? to enable all steam users to run that and install say Sobers? Or is it only possible while running the Install of TWoS. Stopping it after it Runs the Generic Patchier and then Following The instructions for Another Mod as I Am in the process of trying myself
Unnessisary Rammbling Beyond this Point _!! Sorry ( I don't see why this logicality wont work but y'all seem like Getting what ya wanted out of your hobby has required Learning C++ so ya prob have more knowledge than you cared to learn Just to play a game..... Mostly Im hoping to leave the ladder down behind myself here helping to convince Sub-sim elders that the new blood will be coming from the path ive walked, At least the ones wiling to spend cash and support your efforts. Which I have read is spent on things like needed software that you never thought would be negotiated prior to 2016 like the 8k$ for something which launched a major campaign here. along with regular stuff. Everyone should Understand that upfront about modders. Moder's are usually just that, Modest. However supporting the community and enabling Uploads downloads or even supplying an up to date space for everyone to coordinate the correct links of the genre which this place dose very effectively. I support that. I love this place and appreciate the resource. Thanks For that. I intend to support more than i already have, Minimally so far, After the holidays I can afford to give more reasonably.

Can A Sticky Be included For Steam Users To this or a more Relivant Thread if it exsits? also Any usful Steam Utilitys Be inculded in the Utilitys pager or For SH5 Patches pagees? That would be really cool!

Last edited by Nicrolyte; 12-15-18 at 08:05 PM. Reason: Forgot Final Comment
Nicrolyte is offline   Reply With Quote