View Single Post
Old 04-03-17, 02:06 PM   #253
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

Default still playing

Still playing(with TMO and RSRD of course)after a while away due to real life and desktop went boom.Now back with a new rig, finally nearly have my install back(heavily modded, been collecting them again lol)

SH 4 out of the box, while flawed, is a great sim.With all the mods to fix bugs and improve the sim, it's amazing.I'll never forget how excited I was when my then girlfriend brought it home to me(I was laid up for several months after a serious car accident) , a submarine sim focusing on the US in the Pacific? heck yes.

After enjoying the sim but being annoyed with bugs, inaccuracies etc(did a lot of reading as well) , I found subsim. Before long I had compulsive tweaking disorder, assisted by the great community and made a few of my own mods.

Not knocking U boats, had fun in Op Monsun mod but fleetboats in PTO hold my attention more. Just wish I had the time, skill etc to finish certain projects others start such as the extra compartments for the various boats etc.

I was disappointed SH 5 went back to u boats in ATO and was rather gamey. Looks like it's come a long way but no real desire to dive into it.I still have my copy, may sell it.

I believe SH 4 is 10 years old now, still going strong.
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote