View Single Post
Old 07-16-10, 11:56 AM   #1
LGN1
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 12
Default [TEC] Insights into the crew system

Hi,

in order to create yet another crew model, I have been trying to find out how the compartment efficiency is calculated depending on how many and which sailors are in the compartment. Since the results might be interesting for other modders, I share them. My findings are:

Efficiency = (M*(1-c_m)+c_m)*(F*(c_f-1)+1)

M: morale of crew member
c_m: CoefMorale in basic.cfg
F: fatigue of crew member
c_f: CoefFatigue in basic.cfg

The total efficiency is the sum of all the efficiencies of the crew members in the compartment. For petty officers the efficiency is multiplied with the QualEffect factor from basic.cfg (if they have the qualification corresponding to the compartment). For officers the total efficiency in the compartment is multiplied by QualEffect. Thus, having an officer with the right qualification is most important.

As you can see, via choosing c_m=1 you can have a crew model only depending on fatigue and via c_f=1 a model depending only on morale.

Unfortunately, there are still two open questions:

1) What influence has the 'specialability' variable in the crew files?

2) What is the exact meaning of the intervalx_y values in basic.cfg beyond what is posted in the thread http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show....php?p=1391977

If someone has any information about these two issues, I would be happy to know it.

One last remark: The equation above is different from earlier findings posted here. I am not sure how the earlier results were obtained, but I could not reproduce them. If someone knows that the result here is wrong, I would be happy to know. Currently, I am trying to get a good long-term fatigue model that does not require the player to micromanage the crew, but also does not completely remove the crew efficiency like the no-fatigue model.

Cheers, LGN1
LGN1 is offline   Reply With Quote