View Single Post
Old 03-27-09, 01:04 PM   #17
porphy
Commodore

Downloads: 4
Uploads: 0

Hi Ontos

I think you will be just fine. I had done no tank sims at all when I got Steel Beast Pro PE. I didn’t find it hard to get into. Driving the tank is very easy with a keyboard. Using the gun optics efficient takes a little training, but it's more or less a point and click affair with mouse and keyboard, nothing fancy. There is a tank range to train aiming and shooting, which is good instead of going into a battle and try to learn. Going into a big battle unprepared will get you slaughtered in no time.

Steel Beast Pro PE is not like a flight simulator where taking of or general flying might be hard to achieve without any former practice. The sim is in my view very friendly to start out with, and you quickly get used to interfaces and map functions. Just keep doing the tutorials, but pick one tank and concentrate on that one first. The good thing is the depth and scale you can keep expanding into, when you get used to the basics like moving, shooting etc. There is so much I haven't even tried or learned yet in SB Pro PE!

You don't need to master it all to enjoy it. I was simply hooked when I realised the unforgiving nature of tank battles, in that respect SB Pro PE doesn't really give a rookie an easy day. Prepare to be very nervous when moving in open terrain or coming over a crest! But if that part of the sim was any other way, it wouldn't be a sim, and the army would not use it.

And as a final consolation, if you somehow find yourself overwhelmed and want to put your money into something else, SB Pro Pe can easily be sold second hand for 80-100 dollars. So the risk isn't as big as the retail price might suggest. Not many computer sims have that second hand value.

cheers Porphy

"A paranoid is simply someone in possession of all the facts."
W. B.
porphy is offline   Reply With Quote