View Single Post
Old 10-09-18, 10:44 PM   #10923
CaptBones
The Old Man

Downloads: 208
Uploads: 0

Default Thanks for the quick response Vecko...

So, if I understand correctly, you are trying to say that it would be more realistic actually to leave flags as they were before, right?

Regarding warships..."yes". Although I have not seen every or even many warships in the game yet (I'm still practicing and getting used to operating things), from what I have seen in various utube videos and screenshots from yourself and other players, as well as comments here from others, I would say the placement is correct as before...at the main peak. The reduced size by itself produces a much much better representation of what you would see (and be able to see and identify) at sea in the real world.

You are aware that you can fine tune attack periscope height with PgUp and PgDown keys? And yes, you can adjust pre-selected depths in submarines cfg file. Those settings will only effect depths for your GUI commands.
Also, "snorkel depth" (13.5m) is more suited for attack periscope, that's why I always use it during the attack...

Yes again...I did exactly that, but was wondering if I could change the default periscope depth without affecting anything else. Then I would fully extend the scope initially and adjust my depth to raise it higher if needed or use the PgDn or single down-arrow button to lower it a bit if needed...more "realistic" method from my real-world experience. IIRC, snorkel depth for the VIIC was 12m, so I would also adjust that...but maybe I'm just "picky".

The same will happen with stock SH5 UI style. It's a side effect from one of the TDW patches (Gen. Patcher, SHsim.act, Electric engine ratios) which is responsible for realistic speed and RPM outputs while submerged.

This is from Quick Start Manual...

Well, then I think I'll stick with the SH5 Enhanced HUD instead...

That been said, your max submerged speed of 4 knots doesn't sound right at all. All U-boats in game, except U-FLaK, have maximum underwater speed (with full batteries) 7-8 knots, depending of currently equipped conning tower...

Hhhmmm...I wonder if maybe I was just being too impatient and forgetting that there are time delays built in to prevent "jackrabbit" acceleration. I was focused on the lack of correct response on the EOT and might have simply made too many changes too fast.

Thank you again Vecko...many thanks.
CaptBones is offline   Reply With Quote