View Single Post
Old 03-17-13, 03:13 AM   #18
TheGeoff
Planesman

Downloads: 27
Uploads: 0

Version 0.07 is now available!
http://rapidshare.com/files/29150339...ander_0_07.zip
Make sure subcommander_0_07.exe and world.map are in the same folder.

Navigation and a world map have been added - press M to access the map in game, then ; and ' to change heading to port/starboard. Like in the maneuver control panel, [ and ] can be used to control speed. Navigation currently has a LOT of time compression - your submarine will move slightly faster than a fighter jet. This will be toned down in future releases, and an option for temporary time compression will be added.

Ocean depths are approximately correct at this stage - still tweaking the program which processes data from the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Association. Pay attention to the depth under keel though, as it's now possible to sink your sub by repeatedly bashing it against the sea floor...

The way the world map is handled may cause a drop in framerate on older computers. Let me know if this happens to you, I might be able to find a way to fix it

Edit: RedOctober, The next few releases will probably improve and modify the navigation system and maybe the crew management. I'll try to add some basic missions in the near future too. In the long term I have no idea where this is going to go... hopefully a few months or a year from now it'll be a comprehensive submarine sim, covering both hunter-killer and missile subs from the 1950s to the present. I've already started work on an easy to use submarine editor allowing players to design their own subs as well, which should allow a huge amount of customization. Want to sail around the world in a doughnut-shaped soviet bathyscaphe powered by twin nuclear reactors? Hopefully Sub Commander will eventually allow you to realise that dream

Last edited by TheGeoff; 03-17-13 at 03:47 AM.
TheGeoff is offline   Reply With Quote