Thread: Life in Sweden
View Single Post
Old 08-02-16, 06:22 PM   #13
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polak View Post
Skipper, how do you cope with the lack of good quality cuts of steak in Sweden? There are nice steaks in Sweden I guess that they don't come close to what you have in Texas.
Since I'm off to one of Napa's better steakhouses tonight for my 36th anniversary, here's one answer http://www.slowtravelstockholm.com/food-and-drink/stockholms-steakhouses/ Including...oddly
Quote:
A popular franchise with over 10 stores and delis in Stockholm alone, Texas Longhorn is known for its ribeye steaks and New York cut striploins and you’ll definitely be getting Texas-sized portions here.
Texas Longhorn was founded by Philip Gerard Huntzinger who was born in Omaha, Nebraska, USA’s beef capital but grew up in Texas which is known for its steaks. He would later move to Sweden in 1987. He would go on to open his first Longhorn in 1994 on St. Paulsgatan in Stockholm; a small intimate restaurant with great character and an at-home feeling.
www.texaslonghorn.se

Obviously, any transplanted Texans will have "no beef" with the Swedish "bôvine cuisine" scene!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"

Last edited by Onkel Neal; 08-03-16 at 01:48 AM. Reason: added line break in order move image to the next line
Aktungbby is online   Reply With Quote