View Single Post
Old 05-04-16, 10:34 PM   #124
rudewarrior
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 165
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquelarrefox View Post
thanks the text were in documentation, but editing images in ps is a problem, how you get transparence.
You probably don't want to get too far into this. I have just finished editing all of the files to come out with a new version, 2.1. On the whole, there isn't a lot of very large changes, mainly grammar and really small changes, but you probably don't want to put a lot of work into that until I get finished with everything. Right now the version that is released is somewhat different from the completed version that I have on my computer, and I don't want you to waste time on something that isn't finished right now. In addition, don't worry about trying to do the templates. I did the German translation with another individual, and based on that experience, it is best to have you translate the text and then let me actually edit the template itself. Since I am so familiar with it, editing it works much more smoothly if I do it, since I have it set with layering software, etc.

Quote:
i was looking and traslating, and i have some cuestion about torpedo setting: 1) whats exactly the port set from aug 39, isnt in text
I'm not sure if I understand your question, so I will kind of overanswer it.

When the war started, the Germans did not have a pistol that was switchable between impact and magnetic. They were fitted at the base and could not be changed. A month later, they came out with a pistol that could be switched, but, as Dönitz stated, "The change-over of the pistols was always a task accompanied by much wearisome and often quite impracticable re-loading of torpedoes." Now to cover the other possibility that I see in your question, you may be asking me what the loadout ratio actually was. I never actually came across the ratio of magnetic to impact torpedoes in my research, but I got the impression that they had more magnetic torpedoes than impact as it was newer technology, and they really wanted that to work. So I am guessing it was somewhere around 60/40 to 75/25 magnetic to impact. I hope this answers your questions.

Quote:
2) as you said if you change pistol type is not as tdc data, instantly. How much time could take it (playing as own players rules to simulate extract and reinsetion into the tube).
Other than the Dönitz quote, I never found any sort of time listed on how long it took to actually extract a torpedo, change the pistol (which required removing it, altering it somehow and reattaching it), and reload the torpedo. I just assumed it would take an hour to do the whole thing as a nice round number, since the game has torpedoes load/unload in ~11 minutes or so that would leave ~40 minutes or so to get it done, which seemed reasonable. I don't have anything to base that on other than my own general mechanical experience. As a result, I chose not to offer any suggestions in the mod. I gave the player all the info I had, and I figured they could come to their own conclusions.

Quote:
3)about the warming electric torpedos, in real operation, how time it would take? to emulate in game.
I never saw anything about that either. I am curious about your source though. I am always interested in any sources that could shed light on the scope of my mod.

Your quote gives me the impression that the temperature of the torpedoes could be maintained. However, I do know that the electric torpedoes had lots of regular maintenance that had to be performed on a daily basis, so I suspect the temperature couldn't be maintained while the torpedoes were being serviced. However, I do suspect that when they went into a combat situation, all servicing would be reduced and/or halted. And since temps could be maintained (at least from what I have gathered in your quote) my best guess is that there would be no need to actually simulate it in the game since the times don't really seem to be incompatible with the amount of time I usually use to position before attack.

Hope this helps!
rudewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote