View Single Post
Old 04-24-13, 07:22 AM   #88
TBoone
Second Lieutenant

Downloads: 128
Uploads: 0
Historical Games are the best!

The first game I played was Medal of Honor PS1, I've been playing almost nothing but historical war games ever since. My only hope is for ever more realistic representations of the wars of old on my PC, mostly WW2, and perhaps if somone would produce a shooter, simulation, etc. that is as acurate to the experience of that war as can possibly ever be made, then people will understand. The modern man has a type of man which no longer exists as a result of the modern world to thank for eveything they have and take for granted! I am a very strong minded person and very rarely shed a tear, but somtimes I cry when I see a video of USS Arizona, and know that it took some of those poor heroes three days to run out of air down there in an inpenitrable steel tomb, or some other clip of the absolute hell they lived in. For three days you could hear men tapping the steel inside the ships, and know there was no way to save them. And I can not understand how a world full of people who has those men to thank for their freedom, to be either ignorant of it, or unapreciative of that sacrifice, I find it disgracful and sickening! And an unrealistic game is almost an insult to the men who lived it, because realistic games are a good way for the young men today to remember the old, and the dead.
TBoone is offline   Reply With Quote