Old 03-10-08, 01:20 PM   #711
johnm
Navy Dude

Downloads: 68
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikhayl
About the guns,

For the "slaving", I'm not sure but if it's like in the playable bismarck mod then the guns don't fire when you do : they fire at a target designated using the binos and then you're free to man one of the guns to shoot at another target, is that right ?
I actually meant for the other two guns to copy the one you fire. This would get over the limitation of ship or aircraft. As the guns have the means to not fire if aiming on board your own it wouldn't matter if one of the guns was 'masked', it would just stop firing until it was clear of the obstruction.
Quote:
As for the MG 34/42, it would be looking good for sure but it would require quite a lot of work for something finally useless in that game : in real life such guns were used for suppressing fire but in game there's nothing to suppress since there's no "real" crew on the boats.
Yes, that's a problem.
Quote:
In short the game has limitations for u-boot game and even more limitations when it comes to surface ships... and I have 100 times more limitations than the game has, which doesn't make things easy
Anyway if someone can make a working deck gun on that boat I'll be happy to change it into a 37 lookalike and add it to the boat
I understand, I've tried altering guns but with little success. Hope some-one out there can help.

Anyway, even with the limitations, it's a great mod and your to be congratulated. All these requests are just hopes, not demands.
johnm is offline   Reply With Quote