View Single Post
Old 09-27-14, 12:19 PM   #7
nopoe
Swabbie

Downloads: 2
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk66 View Post
Is that sound engine not more or less a bunch of functions, that is does it really need to be tightly integrated into your application?

In my cold war sub sim project I've currently implemented my own engine, but it is pretty rudimentary...so I might later have a look . It is in .NET, so writing a c++ bridge would be an option....I think there are tools available to autogenerate wrapper.

And concerning .NET....if you have programmed with that framework and its rich set of languages, you do not wanna go back.....it is so 'easy' to write code, running on multi-cores.
You should be able to write a wrapper for it pretty easily. If I manage to speed it up at all I'll push it to my github and let you know so you can use my version as well. Also if you have trouble building it on windows that you can't figure out feel free to send me an email (listed on my github page). It's not exactly trivial but definitely possible.

This page should list what you need to know: http://oalib.hlsresearch.com/Rays/USML/usml_frontpage

I'm a fan of C#, but for a game I like having most of the work already done for me, which is why UE4 made the most sense. Unity was the other option, but I if I could choose between having to write a wrapper and not having a source license for my engine or not having to write a wrapper and having a source license for my engine, I'm going to pick the latter.
nopoe is offline   Reply With Quote