View Single Post
Old 02-20-06, 06:49 AM   #41
ref
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikigod
Do any of you use KASHMIR 3D? I notice when I open alot of Ubi's files they have a header that they are compiled or edited with Kashmir 3D.
I'm checking it now, but I think that the Kashmir that appears in SH3 files has nothing to do with a 3d program, there are a number of files that aren't 3d that have Kashmir in the header.

Quote:
Is there anyway to import realworld data like they do in FS9 for elevations using this program? Maybe we can edit the underwater terrain and landscapes with it.
The terraindata is based on real world data, but at a very low resolution, however when I finish my tool you'll be able to edit the submarine terrain, within the limitations of SH3. (minimum size of a terrain feature is about 2000 meters, so you can't add reefs or stuff with many detail).

Quote:
I just wanna see if we can make natural terrains using nasa lod data like they do for meshes in FS9 (fsglobal, fsgenesis, etc)
Same as above ,the terrain height file is 43200*12600 pixels for the hole world, and the size is hardcoded, so we canĀ“t change it

Ref
ref is offline   Reply With Quote