View Single Post
Old 01-30-18, 12:37 AM   #1
Ichthyos
Seaman

Downloads: 4
Uploads: 0
Default Modifying sub ranges

Hi all!

Been reading this forum for a long while, finally decided to register just because it is a very unique place with so many sub-heads and tons of good info.

started my sub sim days with the old 688 Attack Sub, and went a LONG while before finally trying out SH3 a couple months back.

now I'm hooked again.

anywho, on with the question!

I had a lot of fun modding SH3 for my own tastes, and have been working to tweak SH4 as well, but have been running in to some odd behavior and things not working like I expected given it's essentially the same engine.

What I am trying to do specifically at the moment is extend both the surface range and the underwater range of particular boats by 25-50%.

In sh3, I just used Silent 3editor to mod the sub.sim files to extend the range values, and that seemed to work.

in sh4 doing that seems to have the REVERSE effect? I tried doubling the underwater range on one sub, and ended up with a sub that ran out of batteries in about 30 mins :P

so, any advice on how to properly set the values, and where, to get specific subs (example Tambor Class) to have increased ranges, or use diesel/batteries more slowly?

thanks muchly
Ichthyos is offline   Reply With Quote