View Single Post
Old 03-19-10, 03:58 AM   #606
rkk01
Nub

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Has anyone else got suspicions of SH5 corrupting previous SH games? I know that plenty on here have said there are still lots of common files...

I played SH4 last night for the first time since installing SH5 - tempted back because at my previous SH4 game save I was trying to position myself ahead of an IJN task force, several big pagoda conning towers just breaking the horizon.

Anyway, first off SH4 wouldn't load - couldn't find one of the .dll files. renamed my campaign folder, reinstalled and re-launched.

Now, whenever I re-load an SH4 save, my crew are all wiped out of morale / efficiency (all at 0-10 / 100). Pretty sure they weren't before I installed SH5. All I'd done on this patrol was cruise over towards Honshu after topping off the bunkers at Midway.

Also, the sound was looping through exploding depth charge effects even though there were no destroyers around, and my fuel / batteries dropping off to zero in minutes as if taking heavy damage???

Not noticed these effects in SH4 previously. SH4 are both in a shared ubisoft directory, but the game files should all be in separate SH4 and SH5 files

ETA - all of my SH4 settings have also switched from imperial to metric.....!!
rkk01 is offline   Reply With Quote