View Single Post
Old 03-18-10, 03:04 AM   #603
scalelokt
Machinist's Mate

Downloads: 35
Uploads: 0
Default a couple fixes id like to see

Hi all, sorry if these have been mentioned already there are so many posts for SH5 now it takes forever to go through them all.

I'll only mention these two for now since the others are obvious and are surely mentioned already.

1. Enemy communications / awareness: on last patrol a couple AI issues came up that were strange. First set of planes that spotted me were very aggressive trying to sink me (very cool). However later on in the patrol they just started flying right over me and didnt attack at all. I thought maybe weather or time of day was the reason but further testing showed broad day light beautiful weather they just started ignoring me completely. The other example from the same patrol was hunting the english coastline. I decided to slip past the destroyer screens and attack a dock with parked ships. After firing off a salvo I thought sure the many destoryers in the area would be coming quickly, however torpedo after torpedo no one came to help, even though there were many destroyers very close to my position. Granted they were just out of visual range, however seems like a dock being attacked would send some serious hell my way, but no one came.

2. The other thing I noticed, and I could be wrong about this, but if you look at the distances while using auto targeting (the connect the dots business) it looks to me like fast torpedoes have a much greater range than slow torpedoes. I cant remember for sure but I swear it was supposed to be the other way around....
scalelokt is offline   Reply With Quote