Old 07-18-07, 12:38 PM   #165
WernerSobe
Commodore

Downloads: 5
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xelif
I love this mod!
Werner: It seems pretty easy to sink things with the deck gun - I just sprinkle shells all along the water line. Part of it is the high default rate of fire, but I'm still sinking ships using 1 torpedo and about 20 shells, or no torpedoes and about 40. Maybe look into reducing the flooding each deck gun hit can cause?
Yes this is due to unrealistic deckgun.

It fires way to fast and way to accurate. The real deckgun on Us subs were only firing a round every 20-30 seconds. And it was not gyro stabilized so placing a hit below the water line was a gamble. If you take this aspects into account, and say you can sink a ship with 40 shells. Lets say you miss 10 so you need 50 rounds. 50 rounds 30 seconds each is about 25 minutes.

Thats beeing better but still far from real things. Making the holes from deckguns smaller would cause less flooding and you would need more shells of course. But i didnt wanted to change anything to the deckgun files because so many use their own deckgun mod of their liking and i didnt want to have compability problems.

I highly recomend however using realism deckgun mods with that mod.