View Single Post
Old 03-17-09, 07:59 PM   #2
Torplexed
Let's Sink Sumptin' !

Downloads: 43
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kapitan SoniboyNazi View Post
Hello! I'm THE U-boat freak and I need help.

My favourite submarine is the german type IX/D2. Much because of the U-boat addon to Silent Hunter IV. I can't find much information about it though. Would really like if anyone could post some pictures and stuff about it.

I know it had a schnorkel and it's kinda anoying that Ubisoft didn't give it to the IX/D2 and XXVII in the U-boat missions addon.
I think it's because none of the boats sent to operate in the Far East had snorkels fitted.

Quote:
One more thing. I saw a film on Youtube and one guy commented; "Imagine if the germans had the state of the art american submarines in WWII". That made me pissed. We all know that german submarines were much more advanced and deep diving than the american "scrap". Agree?
German subs were more deep diving, but the advanced subs arrived a bit too late for the party. But I imagine the Germans would have loved the air and sea search radar and ten torpedo tubes that came standard on most US boats. American subs probably wouldn't have fared any better than the U-Boats fighting the British, but then that's not the theater or opponent they were designed to fight against.
Torplexed is offline   Reply With Quote