View Single Post
Old 04-21-08, 03:01 PM   #188
onelifecrisis
Maverick Modder

Downloads: 65
Uploads: 3
Default Ubermod v1.3 released, plus videos!

Ubermod 1.3 is now available for download.
Changes in this version:
  • Included the GWX 2.1 particle effects (Ubermod 1.2 used the GWX 2.0 particle effects).
  • Changed the wording of the OLC GUI Special WO Weather Report (English language only).
  • Fixed the marking lines on the OLC GUI Special UZO (in 1.2 these were still the same as they are in OLC GUI 1.2.3, but OLC GUI Special doesn't have doubled mast values, so the numbers on the UZO marking lines have been doubled in 1.3 to compensate). The procedure for getting the range using the UZO in Ubermod 1.3 is: multiply the mast value of the ship by the number next to the vertical mark (seen in the UZO) which is level with the top of the ship's mast.
I've also uploaded two videos to FF. The text below is copied and pasted from post #1:

Ubermod Videos
Following the releases of GWX 2.1 and my Ubermod, I started a new career in a Type VIIB (2nd Flotilla, September 1939) with full realism except for external cameras (which I enabled for testing purposes ).

On my first patrol, while en-route to my patrol grid, I encountered a small, lone merchant in rough seas and torpedo'd it. The next day the skies cleared and the wind died down to 3m/s, and I bumped unexpectedly into a convoy. I submerged and watched the convoy approach, and realised I was in a ready-made attack position. As I had no map data whatsoever I had to improvise and use the tools, so I set FRAPS recording, thinking it would make a good demo video. You can download the full, unedited attack here. I was a little lazy in that I didn't bother to check flags, but the location of the convoy, and the presence of a Southampton class in the middle of it, made it a reasonable bet that the ships were British. In the video, Mark 1 (on the map) shows where I was when my watch crew first spotted the convoy.

When I came back to PD the Southampton class was stranded and required a coup de grāce. The medium cargo had limped on with the rest of the convoy.

I caught up with the enemy at sunset, but they had changed course and so I was once again attacking without map data. Nevertheless, I decided on a surface attack. The entire approach and attack, again unedited, can be downloaded here. My eels all missed their targets because the UZO marking lines were still set for double mast values (straight after this attack I released v1.3 of the Ubermod with fixed UZO marking lines ) so the range values I entered into the TDC were half of what they should have been. But, the video still serves as good demo for night time surface attacks in the Ubermod.

These two attacks are both audacious and would not work later in the war... but hey, it's the happy times! Might as well enjoy them.