View Single Post
Old 11-01-07, 02:13 AM   #2106
Dr.Zod
Watch

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

I see.

Another thing thou!

Iīve just started a new game. Can it be that the Deck Gun (88) is overpowered!!!
I mean, for e.g. I spot a small frighter at moderate wind and sea so I canīt use the deck gun. I fire a torp and hit it into the middle very low (7m torpedo depth). So far so good, sometimes it takes hours (game hours) to sink the ship or Iīm even forced to use a second torp for a small frighter! Thats ok since you said you reworked the ships and the sinking behavior, thats realistic. But now comes the clue, I encoutered also a small frigher at calm sea, now I thought why donīt you have some fun with the deck gun. So I start shooting, some good hits below the waterline, and some not so good (thanks for your reworked gun behaivior, that is very cool). But whats that, after like 6-10 shots "BOOOOOM", the ship breaks in half and sinks like a rock. Wow lucky shot, I thought. So I encountered some more Small frighters and tested if I was lucky or not. But somehow all my encouters with small frighters where I use the deck gun sink very fast (10-25 shells)!!!
Do you get the picture? Torp takes hours or even two (thats cool and realistic), but the deck gun??? Am I just lucky, is this a known issue or is everything ok? I recall that you said the deck gun is not so powerful at all (compared to stock SH3)!

Thanks for your answer in advance

Greetz

Dr.Zod
Dr.Zod is offline   Reply With Quote