View Single Post
Old 05-19-10, 12:31 AM   #2292
kylania
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 117
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam0t View Post
Probably been mentioned before, but DarkWraith, could you add more clearer instructions on the first post how one changes the UI types.

As a mod newbie I spent way too much time on figuring out how to change the UI types via TheDarkWraithUserOptions.py and more specifically that you have to edit the file and then enable the mods via JSGM again to make it work. Other than that your mod rocks, keep up the good work!
First I'd suggest checking out my installation video walkthrough to make sure you have all the right folders in the right places. That video touches on editing the file as well. I'll include more detailed instructions here.

First step it to find the options file to edit it. You can find the file under C:\Ubisoft \ Silent Hunter 5 \ MODS \ NewUIs_TDC_2_5_0_ByTheDarkWraith \ data \ Scripts \ Menu and the file is called TheDarkWraithUserOptions.py

Chances are you won't have a program dedicated to opening .py (Python) files like I do, so you'll get a dialog saying "Windows can't open this file:"

Choose "Select a program from a list of installed programs" then click OK.

From the "Open with" dialog, scroll down till you find "Notepad". Highlight it and click OK. Notepad will open Python files for you now.

Once the file is open you'll see some text like below. Just follow the instructions in blue to change to whatever style you'd like!

This is the default, SH5Enhanced style, no changes are needed:

If you wanted SH3Style:

And if you wanted SH4Style:

After making your changes, save the file, enable the mod and enjoy!

kylania is offline   Reply With Quote