View Single Post
Old 07-08-18, 02:05 PM   #5
XenonSurf
Sea Lord

Downloads: 107
Uploads: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdr1981 View Post
Bismarck will sail up to her first and final mission in TWoS at the appropriate date indeed but I don't think that it will be possible to save her because her voyage ends in the Bay of Biscay with numerous Royal Navy warships in the area...

Are you saying that Bismarck will start at Gotenhafen at 19.05.41 at 2.00 and travel all the way through the Skagerrak, then the Denmark Straight, it will sink the MS Hood, and finally die in the Biskaya, and all this is scripted? Can you meet Bismarck if you intersect any of this route at the right time? And the same for any other historical event?

More generally I wonder how the traffic in TWoS works compared to SH3, does the player have to be in the vicinity of precise spawning points instead of historical ship routes? For example, I happened to be in Norway at the exact location of the Tirpitz (sister ship of the Bismarck) in a fjord, but...no Tirpitz. So I must assume the ship is not in the game - or the traffic spawning is also limited to the '50 km rule' saying that you first need to be > 50 km away or no traffic will spawn. Does this apply in SH5 like in SH3?

What do you think, in TWoS, how much 'historical events' (outside of the missions) are included compared to SH3 GWX3 or WAC5 ?

Thanks,

Last edited by XenonSurf; 07-08-18 at 02:25 PM.
XenonSurf is offline   Reply With Quote