Old 04-24-07, 07:22 PM   #1
kiwi_2005
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 223
Uploads: 1
Default [REL] Pacific Aces mod Sounds for SHV

Changes some sounds for SHIV

Here to DL http://hosted.filefront.com/Kiwi07/

Now your hear US sailors reacting more realistically when issuing commands - crash dive, persicope depth, bow planes, freaking out when heavy damaged, and the engineer even has something to say about CO2 Plus many more.

These sound files were taken from the Pacific Aces Mod for Silent Hunter 2 so all credit goes to the modders of Pacific Aces . All I did is grabbed some & edited them to run in SHIV (renamed & convert wav to ogg sound files)

include in Zip
Speech folder .ogg
Sounds folder .wav
Readme

Open up the Speech folder and copy/paste all the files into:

C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 4 Wolves of the Pacific\Data\Sound\Speech - and place them in folder named (1) and overright.

Open up the Sound folder and copy/paste all the files into
C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 4 Wolves of the Pacific\Data\Sound folder and overright.

[Providing you installed the game to the default folder otherwise direct it to where SHIV is installed.]

Note:
For all the 'Speech' sounds to always work they should really be added in all the folders marked 1 to 9, but when i tested this during gameplay i would get a crash to desktop with Sound.act error. Placing them in folder 1 only, eliminates this but you wont always get the speech sounds sometimes your get the Original SHIV speech. Dont know why this happens. All these folders 1 to 9 are the same files but different voice tones - quiet, loud, scared etc., (your still hear the dive sounds etc., from the "sound folder)

Their are no sounds that change the sound of your boat humming along , these are just speech/dive sounds.

Enjoy!

Good Hunting
Kiwi_2005

Those who can't laugh at themselves leave the job to others.

Last edited by kiwi_2005; 04-24-07 at 07:34 PM.
kiwi_2005 is offline   Reply With Quote