Thread: On Health
View Single Post
Old 03-19-24, 06:46 AM   #249
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

He is wrong however where he says in the beginning that sources of vitamin K2 are dark leafy greens. That is not correct enough to generalise it like this. K1 you get from vegetable sources, whereas K2 is from animal sources and fermented foods, especially - yummy-yummy - Natto . K1 and K2 are not similar, K1 is mostly associated with blood coagulation (thats where the name vitamin K comes from: from the German word "Koagulation", since it were Germans discovering this link), whereas K2 is associated with the hydroxilation (for practical terms means: activation) of GLA proteine and osteocalcine, which both are busy with bringing calcium from the bloodstream and from plaque into the teeth and bones.
I find it difficult to believe that so many "doctators" mix K1 and K2 together and do not seem to know how different they indeed are. There is no meaning and no sense in treating K1 and K2 together as if they were the same.

Far beyond "anecdotal".

I missed this one. Two of my "heroes, Dr. Ken Berry has the "iodine pope" Dr. David Brownstein. I follow the recommendations of Brownstein since years now.

Last edited by Jimbuna; 03-19-24 at 06:59 AM. Reason: SPAM filter alert
Skybird is offline   Reply With Quote