View Single Post
Old 05-29-13, 09:28 PM   #1
zakarpatska
Loader

Downloads: 127
Uploads: 0
Default d3d9.dll used for SH3 widescreen mods

Hi All,

I'm having a problem with the SH3 wide screen mods. The problem is that if I install either the "Widescreen MaGui v3.4" or "Conus' SH3GWXWS 2.3" mods my frame rate goes through the floor. I tracked this to the "d3d9.dll" that is distributed in the mods.

By chance I discovered that if I use the d3d9.dll distributed with the "WideScreen_complete_GWX&StockSH3" mod I suddenly get high frame rates in wide screen. This is with either Conus' or MaGui wide screen mods installed and overwriting only the d3d9.dll file. The down side is that the splash screens are no longer stretched to full screen with the left hand side of splash screen images against the left side of the display with a large black area on the right since there is no stretching.

Does anyone know what is going on here? What is the origin of the d3d9.dll files used for the mods?

The "broken" d3d9.dll with the low frame rate is dated ‎Sunday, ‎May ‎09, ‎2010, ‏‎1:04:16 PM and is 190 KB (195,072 bytes) in size.

The "working" d3d9.dll with high widescreen frame rates, but where the splash screens are not stretched is dated Friday, ‎March ‎19, ‎2010 and is 185 KB (189,440 bytes) in size.

I searched the forum for the origin of d3d9.dll but couldn't find any explanation of where this dll comes from. I was hoping that I might just be able to download an updated version of the dll and this would fix both problems.

Thanks.
zakarpatska is offline   Reply With Quote