CapnScurvy
Admiral

Downloads: 474
Uploads: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEBERBSTER View Post
Hi CS
No need to apologize.
I know with this thread the response time is very good and I am sure we all appreciate getting are questions answered as quickly as possible.

I thank you for your very in depth reply and at least it is gratifying to know that my problem is not one of my own making.

I notice that Bleiente has a high regard for OTC.
Is OTC something that might be considered for FOTRSU?
Peter
Yes, it's possible. As an add-on mod.

I've only checked a few ships in this huge inventory of Fotrs Ultimate. Mainly Stock game ships that I know are in need of correcting. I've not looked at any of the numerous ships added by FOTRS. I'm guessing their no better off than the stock game units. A bunch of figures that really don't come close to being reasonably accurate.

I'll admit, some of the Stock game ships in Ultimate are back to their original figures from version 1.0 of the game?!? Version 1.3 or 1.4 (I don't exactly remember) corrected some of the stock game mast height figures after I was asked by Maerean_m, "Why was it important for a player to have reasonably accurate "Height" measurements"? They were surprised to learn some of us wanted to play with manual targeting, simulating realistic conditions, instead of playing the game as if it were in an arcade?!?

Apparently, it was an oversight on the FOTRS members to use the older, less accurate measurements that version 1.0 once had for some of the stock units.

There's a debate that can be made....Why bother with range accuracy at all? I understand the concept, but if range wasn't important, why was it documented as one of the taught "fundamentals" in a Firing Solution? Seem's the Navy could have saved itself a lot of time by not requiring a Submarine Captain to learn those "fundamentals" and just told them.......Get Close, At 90 degree AoB, Get Lucky!!

The HMS Shannon vs. USS Chesapeake outside Boston Harbor June 1, 1813

USS Chesapeake Captain James Lawrence lay mortally wounded...
Quote:
.."tell the men to fire faster, fight 'till she sinks,..boys don't give up the ship!"
CapnScurvy is offline   Reply With Quote