View Single Post
Old 07-15-16, 05:01 AM   #706
max-peck
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 393
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by XTBilly View Post
I hope the ships you're referring to are the Dutch Flower corvette and the German Z Class destroyer. They are the ones who appear black with no texture
I am afraid not Billy. The problems I had were with Japanese troopships when I made Typos in the roster files for those ships.
The Dutch Corvette and German Destroyer appearing with no textures was an FOTRS issue. But not to worry - I think CapnScurvy is on this. And if he does not have the time I will have a go at fixing it. It is probably just a typo or something in the roster cfgs for these ships

Quote:
Originally Posted by XTBilly View Post
I followed Werner Sobe's Natural Sinking Mechanics mod from its first release. He was forced to introduce arcade keel shots after many user complaints that his ships were sinking too slowly. That is a BIG mistake in my opinion, a mistake that there's no chance I will make. That's where Double R's words are wise.
Absolutely agree with this statement my friend.
The early releases of NSM were absolutely fantastic
Then it all went downhill.
When I realised he had bowed into forum pressure and introduced that 'feature', I was most disappointed.
Trouble I had with it - you didn't even have to hit under the keel - just hitting a ship about centre would cause it to split in two.
Every. Single. Time.
Such a shame

Other news - I have an unexpected day off work -
It is a beautiful day here in London - the sun is shining for once
So what am I doing?

I am sitting in my room playing with Photoshop and SH3D

I expect to have a provisional release of the troopships, tankers and replenishment vessels ready to upload to the Google Drive Thingy this evening

Have a good day everyone

--------------------------------------------------
Authority should derive from the consent of the governed, not from the threat of force

If the only tool you have is a hammer, pretty soon everything starts to look like a nail

FOTRS Ultimate
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=226270
The future of SH4 - coming to a PC near you soon
max-peck is offline   Reply With Quote