View Single Post
Old 05-08-18, 06:53 PM   #6
aanker
Pacific Thunder

Downloads: 236
Uploads: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berserker View Post
Tried it but system will not allow me to make changes....
Are you running as Administrator? Doing so may work (the easiest possibility).

Another possibility is that SH4 may be installed in Program Files (x86). Program Files and Program Files (x86) are protected folders and Microsoft's Operating systems since XP: Win 7, Win 8.1, & Win 10 make changing files in these folders difficult to impossible. JSGME doesn't like to run in this folder either. It is best to make a folder on your C: or D: drive called \GAMES or \Ubisoft whatever name you like and install SH4 in the folder you create.
C:\GAMES\Silent Hunter Wolves Of The Pacific

You should be able to copy your install from Program Files (86) to a folder off your C: or D:drive that you create. I did it the long way, meaning I created the destination folder and copied everything in Silent Hunter Wolves of the Pacific over to the new folders I created: C:\GAMES\Silent Hunter 4 - except the Data folder first. Then I copied the Data folder over. That computer wasn't that powerful and I wanted to go easy copying 4 Gigs of files. (actually I was making copy's of my install so I could use Multi-SH4 but it's the same principle)

The 3rd thing I can think of is you may have a Steam install. Here is a little tutorial on how to move a Steam install out of the protected folder:
Moving Steam From A Protected Directory To A File Folder.
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...21&postcount=3

Peter aka THEBERBSTER, the guy who manages the Tutorials & How to Topics here is a nice guy and is very helpful with his Topics forum:
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=219029

He keeps an eye out for posts in his Topic Sticky.

Try running as Administrator first. Post back how you are doing. Sorry this jumped up and bit you. When I installed SH4 I had dumb luck, I'd been installing Silent Hunter versions to \GAMES for years.

Good luck.

Last edited by aanker; 05-08-18 at 07:37 PM.
aanker is offline   Reply With Quote