View Single Post
Old 06-30-12, 01:32 PM   #1804
Arclight
Navy Seal

Location: Land of windmills, tulips, wooden shoes and cheese. Lots of cheese.
Downloads: 53
Uploads: 10

That it does, the muddy textures were the one real complaint I had initially. No reason to lock PC players to toybox texture quality.

I've been digging around for mods a bit, but as usual I can't really find anything that fits my demanding standards... so I did my own. Which I will shamelessly plug here, of course:

Quote:
Fixes:
- Skyforge steel dagger temperable
- Nord Hero bow temperable
- Scaled horn armor craftable & temperable
Changes:
- Nord Hero bow rebalanced to supple ancient Nord bow
- Silver weapons craftable & temperable
- Longbow and hunting bow craftable
Added:
- Composite bow
- Silver alloy ingot
- Silver alloy sword & greatsword
Notes:
- Steel smithing for silver
- Composite bow with steel smithing, Skyforge only
- Silver alloy smithing with Nord Hero smithing, Skyforge only

Started off just making a few bugfixes (Nord Hero bow and Skyforge dagger could not be improved, scaled horn armor neither craftable nor temperable) but it sort of snowballed into something more fleshed out. Addresses some perceived shortcomings and imbalance with a few select weapons, while adding some "new" ones to fill gaps.

Particularly, silver weapons are craftable and temperable, and the rough equivalent of a "Skyforge" version (+3 base damage) is added to extend their usefullness. In this case the fancy versions are actually a bit heavier though, since silver weapons have another inherent bonus: damage bonus against undead. Making them fairly heavy seemed like a good balance measure. Silver alloy weapons can be crafted at the Skyforge after completing the Companions quest line and make use of a new ingot, silver alloy (1 silver ore + 1 corundum ore). Normal silver weapons become craftable with steel smithing, and this perk also affects their tempering (the perk was altered to affect any weapon made of silver, its description was updated to reflect this in-game).

Something similar was done for bows: an improved version of the hunting bow. This composite bow can be crafted with steel smithing, but only at the Skyforge. The bow has +3 base damage, is slightly heavier but retains the draw speed of the hunting bow.

Since I'm no modeler, the added weapons share their models with the items they were based on.
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile...s/?id=79429970

Contritium praecedit superbia.
Arclight is offline   Reply With Quote